Choosing the Right Estate Agent
WWP NEW MEMBER
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:09am
FFully-qualified, professional estate agents have all the right
knowledge and tools at their disposal to sell a pproperty and to achieve the
best possible price in the shortest possible time.
Other factors that should be considered before choosing an agent to market the property include:
· Local knowledge: how long has the agent worked in your area? Is he au fait with local market conditions?
· Does the agent have a valid Fidelity Fund Certificate? Buyers and sellers should ask to see this as it is illegal for agents to practice without one.
· Is the agent fully qualified? The industry has standards with which agents have to comply.
· Where and how often do they advertise your property for sale?
· Is the agent willing to put your house on show?
· Does the agent consistently sell property?
The importance of estate agents and the agency for whom they work having valid Fidelity Fund Certificates cannot be over-emphasised. Although the public has, in recent times, become more aware of the importance of dealing with a professional agent, very few ask to see evidence that the agent is legally registered.
What other factors do you look out for to show fraudulent behaviour in estate agents?
Edited by WWP1 - 19 Apr 2011 at 10:39am
Cheryl Sorin Properties for Sale
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum